Car rental in Herzeg-Novi is a popular and demanded service. Tourists usually hire a car to get acquainted with main sights of the city and for distant trips around the country.
What to see in Herzeg-Novi, what excursions to undertake by car?
Taking a car for rent in Herzeg-Novi is a good decision. The resort is located among the coast of the Adriatic Sea. As the key touristic sights are located in different corners of the city and vicinity, travelling by car from this perspective is the most convenient, fast and money-saving way to explore as more as possible.
The following sights are truly worth visiting:
- The region is rich by beaches. You can find options to any taste - deep and shallow, artificial and natural, wild and well-kept. Among the most interesting beaches we can name "Yaсhting club 32" where you can rent a yacht or a boat, as well as mud beach "Blatna", which is mainly appreciated for its health procedures.
- There are a lot of architectural monuments in the city. You can visit the Savin Orthodox Monastery, the Sea Fortress, the Spaniola Bastion, the Bloody Tower, the Museum of Navigation, the Church of St. Michael the Archangel, the Town Hall, as well as lots of small churches and ancient buildings.
- Diving schools that are located near the city offer tourists dipping to the famous sunken ships.
- Those who go to Herzeg-Novi should visit the most authoritive health resort in Europe – «Igalo» — and mineral spring located nearby Igalsk Slatine.
- Lots of souvenir shops offer tourists various goods at affordable prices which are much lower than average in Montenegro. You can buy Serbian textile, Italian shoes and clothing, quality natural goods (such as olive oil or goat cheese).
- Those who are fond of taking photos will definitely like a trip to the island Mamula with Austrian fortress and Blue Cave. Earlier, during the World War II it served as a shelter for submarines, nowadays yachts can enter this Cave.
- Car rental in Herzeg-Novi will help you easily get to the capital of Montenegro, Podgorica, or to Bar, or to have a different sight at entertainment in Budva, or to see the best beach of Adriatic coast in Becici.
- On a rented car you can easily reach the National Park Lovcen, the Skadar Lake, Moraca and Tara canyons, where you will be able to cross the highest mountain bridge called Jurdjevic bridge.
Mountainous serpentines can also be considered as fantastic sighst that definitely worth tourists' attention. Don't forget to take a quality camera with you.
What to consider while hiring a car in Herzeg-Novi?
Herzeg-Novi is connected with other cities of Montenegro by two-lane Adriatic road with high quality surface. So, if you plan trips to the nearest towns, even a small car will do. If you want to see the mountains, you'd better take a vehicle with a more powerful engine (at least 1,4-1,6 l). In such a case you will pay a bit more for rent, but it will turn in bigger confidence on ascents and descents. One more tip: when you go from Herzeg-Novi to Budva, Tivat, Podgorica or other cities, you can save about 30 km at Kamenari-Lepetane ferry-crossing.
It is better to book a car for rent in Herzeg-Novi in advance, because here tourists actively use this service and the best options are in demand during high season. To book a vehicle you can choose a desired model on our website and confirm the date of rent. For the convenience of tourists, the return of the car can take place at the Tivat airport on the way home.