Car rental in Bar (Montenegro) is a popular service among tourists. You should definitely hire a car to touch the rich culture and history of this world-famous resort. The city of Bar is divided into 2 parts: the Old Bar, located at the foot of the mountain, and the New Bar, located along the coast of the Adriatic Sea.
What to see in Bar or vicinity on a car?
Having basked in the sun on the sandy beaches and splashed in the clear waters of the Adriatic Sea, you will want some adventures and new discoveries. All of these you will find a few kilometers from the sea. It is worth to rent a car in Bar for comfortable travelling around all the most amazing sights:
- An ancient aqueduct, built by the Turks;
- The palace complex of King Nikola with a botanical garden;
- The ruins of St. George's Cathedral and the Omerbashich Mosque, from which one can admire a stunning panoramic view of the sea and the port of the New Bar;
- Сrooked narrow streets of the old city, the irregular shape of the squares and more than 200 ancient houses that now are empty and lonely but perfectly preserved and covered with thickets;
- A racy market of the old city that works only on Tuesdays and Fridays and offers to buy fresh goat cheese and dried fish;
- In New Bar there is the biggest market in Montenegro called Topolica;
- Olive and cypress groves, as well as the symbol of Bar — the oldest tree in Europe, which is more than 2000 years old.
Car hire in Bar to travel around its vicinity or go to the National Park Lovcen, visit the rocky Ostrog monastery or go fishing to the Skadar Lake, which is also famous among those who are fond of birds: over 270 bird spices inhabit this water body and the nearest territory.
Advantages of car hire in Bar
Car rental in Bar will help you spend a vacation with interest, comfort and financial benefits:
- Family excursions including a child cost about 100 euros, while car rental is about 30-40 euros per day.
- It is comfortable and easy to travel by a well-maintained car, that has air conditioning. There won’t be a road that could bore or make you exhausted. Many tourists feel bad in overcrowded buses on serpentine roads. When you drive, you choose the most comfortable speed and driving manner.
- In a rented car you are more mobile and do not waste time in vain — you do not have to wait for the whole group, you can always deviate from the route, stay longer in an interesting place, etc.
What to think about before booking a car for rent in Bar?
There are many mountainous winding roads and serpentines in Montenegro, but the quality of the road surface is much better than in the CIS countries. If you are planning to go to the mountains, take a car with a more powerful engine to feel more confident on the ascents and descents (minimum 1.2 l — for mechanics, 1.4 l — for automatic transmission, 1.6 l — if all the seats in a car will be occupied or a car will be densely loaded).
In view of the popularity of car rental in Montenegro and available prices for the services of car rental in Bar, it is better to book a vehicle in advance, especially if you visit the country in June — October. To book a car you just have to choose the model of a car and the date of reservation. Hire a car in Bar to have a wonderful and memorable rest in Montenegro!
Car rental Budva
Car rental Tivat
Car rental Petrovac,
Car rental Podgorica,
Car rental Becici,
Car rental Herceg Novi,
Car rental Kotor,
Car rental Rafailovici,